Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Future Primitive Podcasts


I would like to share this site with my readers.  I know Jon Turk and he has gathered a lot of data regarding Shamans in particular.  This podcast is well worth listening to and we can presume that the rest are excellent also.  Do join the site and support it.


Future Primitive is a podcasting website that presents intimate conversations with authors, visionaries and innovators from around the world. Listen to this community of voices who speak about our connection and partnership with the living Earth.
- Joanna Harcourt-Smith

July 26th, 2013

The Magic of the Wild

an interview with Jon Turk
For forty years I have wandered through exotic and remote landscapes and returned to write and speak about my adventures, the people, and the environments that I have encountered. I was trained as a scientist and worked for decades in environmental education. Now, I am focused on storytelling as a way of raising awareness of cultural and environmental tipping points — and thereby seeking some level of sanity and sustainability in this oil soaked, internet crazed world.
Jon speaks with Joanna about experiencing the spirit of the wild; retrieval of the earth cycles; stop and feel the earth; a mysterious, life-changing meeting with Moolynaut, the Siberian Grandmother; “we are all adventurers”; the journey of the human potential; the bliss of the moment; healing, magic, hope and acceptance.

”I Can’t Sit Still”, original music by Evarusnik


No comments: